2012-02-13 | From Administrator
Come join graduate students and early stage researchers in offshore renewable energy at INORE’s first US Symposium, 17-21 June 2012!
This year INORE is excited to be holding two symposia–one in Denmark, and one in the US. The US Symposium will be held at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy, just about an hour outside of Boston, Massachusetts, in Buzzards Bay (Cape Cod area). The US Symposium is being supported by the New England Marine Reneable Energy Center.
Like the European Symposium, the US Symposium will be free of cost to the attendees. Travel to and from the nearest international airport (most likely Boston’s Logan Airport), lodging and food will be provided by INORE through the support of our sponsors.
The Massachusetts Maritime academy will provide a great location to hold the INORE symposium as it’s right on Buzzards Bay and near Cape Cod, it has a lot of great facilities that we can take advantage of–including an operational wind turbine on the campus!
We are planning some great activities which include: inviting members of industry and regulatory bodies to give keynote speeches and to participate in a round table discussion on the state of the industry, poster presentations by all of the attendees, hands-on lab experiences, and collaborative tasks with the other attendees. We will also be taking our posters on the road one night to join the Energy Oceans Conference that will be taking place in Boston. It will give the attendees an opportunity to network with industry leaders and professions and present their research.
The steps to apply are quite simple:
1. Log in on your INORE account. If you are not an INOREan, just a webmember, upgrade your membership (still free) to a full INOREan status.
2. Update your INORE profile, including a new photo.
3. Update your “Work Information” on your profile. Fill in the “Research Focus” form with your abstract for this symposium.
4. After updating your INORE profile, copy and paste the abstract that you just wrote into the form on this page.
5. Create a TWO slide presentation about you and your research. On the first slide include your name, a picture of you, where you work/live/do your research, what your “title” is–Master’s Student, Ph.D. Student, research assistant–and your research focus. Basically this slide should have the information you would want on your business card, with a picture. On the second slide, include a brief description of your research. Remember, this is a presentation, so don’t fill the entire slide with text. Imagine you have 30 seconds to tell someone about your research. That’s the information you should put on your slide. (See the example slides attached.)
6. Attach your 2 slide PPT to your profile. In the “Work Information” tab on your profile, there’s an option to upload a file. Upload your power point presentation there.
7. Return to this page and click ‘subscribe to event’, below.
The deadline for application is 30 March 2012.
We are very excited to present this US Symposium, and hope that you will apply to this great event.
Start date2012-06-17End date2012-06-21CountryUnited StatesVegetarian menu available?YesOpen for all?INOREans onlyAbstract requiredYesContact personAlana (email any questions to [email protected])Organizer AddressMassachusetts Maritime Academy
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, USAPriceFor free
Bookmark and Share
Previous: INORE SYMPOSIUM 2012
Example Powerpoint (pdf | 420 Kb)
Add your comment
You must be logged in to comment on content